Welcome to cranking fans A hangout for pedal pumping lovers

Cranking is dying out

Description of your first forum.
Whiskeyncola

Cranking is dying out

Post by Whiskeyncola » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Is it me or is the days of the carburated vehicle coming to a end, and seems that all the new pedal pumping that is coming out is a bunch of newer cars just doing revving or driving, even people that have produced cranking videos in the past are doing revving and driving in fuel injected cars now, I'm almost to the point where I'm about to offer my old mopar pickup up for clips lol, at least we still have carwars and ptp, I just hope they dont go anywhere soon, also who's doing that new vintage pedal pumping store on cfs?

Flooded

Re: Cranking is dying out

Post by Flooded » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:05 pm

I've noticed that as well...Perhaps that's a millennial's fetish interest with them being fuel injection natives. The Vintage PP reminds me of the"Classic Car Ladies" content from a while back.

JColtrane

Post by JColtrane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:53 am

I agree, the new version of cranking is not the same as the classic car cranking. I'm glad we still have sites of classic car cranking and hope the stay around.

Jcrank

Post by Jcrank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 pm

That's why I am searching for an old 80's station wagon. In the hopes that I'll be brave enough to ask a hottie to crank it for me, but if nothing else for me to be able to crank and pump as often as I want.

CrankyDude

Post by CrankyDude » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:30 pm

I suspect one of the reasons it's disappearing is that cars these days rarely fail to start. And they start right away. I can count on one hand the number of cranking cars I've seen over the past decade.

Back in the 60'-80's, in my youth, cranking was common. Spend twenty minutes at the mall parking lot and you were guaranteed to hear at least a few prolonged cranks. Hell, Chrysler products alone were notoriously hard starting. A day didn't go by that I didn't hear those whiny starters working hard to get the engine started. Sometimes I'd park my car next to a Volare or Aspen and wait for the owner. A good twenty percent of the time I'd be treated to a good long crank. And if it sputtered and stalled, not uncommon, it usually took several more cranks to get it going. That's just the way things were back then.

And don't even get me started on rainy mornings! The neighbor's Plymouth was orgasmically stubborn when wet.

I just don't think enough young people hear/see this anymore to develop a fetish.