Welcome to cranking fans A hangout for pedal pumping lovers

Cranking is dying out

Description of your first forum.
Whiskeyncola

Cranking is dying out

Post by Whiskeyncola » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Is it me or is the days of the carburated vehicle coming to a end, and seems that all the new pedal pumping that is coming out is a bunch of newer cars just doing revving or driving, even people that have produced cranking videos in the past are doing revving and driving in fuel injected cars now, I'm almost to the point where I'm about to offer my old mopar pickup up for clips lol, at least we still have carwars and ptp, I just hope they dont go anywhere soon, also who's doing that new vintage pedal pumping store on cfs?

Flooded

Re: Cranking is dying out

Post by Flooded » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:05 pm

I've noticed that as well...Perhaps that's a millennial's fetish interest with them being fuel injection natives. The Vintage PP reminds me of the"Classic Car Ladies" content from a while back.

JColtrane

Post by JColtrane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:53 am

I agree, the new version of cranking is not the same as the classic car cranking. I'm glad we still have sites of classic car cranking and hope the stay around.

Jcrank

Post by Jcrank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 pm

That's why I am searching for an old 80's station wagon. In the hopes that I'll be brave enough to ask a hottie to crank it for me, but if nothing else for me to be able to crank and pump as often as I want.

CrankyDude

Post by CrankyDude » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:30 pm

I suspect one of the reasons it's disappearing is that cars these days rarely fail to start. And they start right away. I can count on one hand the number of cranking cars I've seen over the past decade.

Back in the 60'-80's, in my youth, cranking was common. Spend twenty minutes at the mall parking lot and you were guaranteed to hear at least a few prolonged cranks. Hell, Chrysler products alone were notoriously hard starting. A day didn't go by that I didn't hear those whiny starters working hard to get the engine started. Sometimes I'd park my car next to a Volare or Aspen and wait for the owner. A good twenty percent of the time I'd be treated to a good long crank. And if it sputtered and stalled, not uncommon, it usually took several more cranks to get it going. That's just the way things were back then.

And don't even get me started on rainy mornings! The neighbor's Plymouth was orgasmically stubborn when wet.

I just don't think enough young people hear/see this anymore to develop a fetish.

CrankyDude

Post by CrankyDude » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Jcrank wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 pm
That's why I am searching for an old 80's station wagon. In the hopes that I'll be brave enough to ask a hottie to crank it for me, but if nothing else for me to be able to crank and pump as often as I want.
I've been thinking of buying an old Chrysler car, a Volare or Aspen from the 1970's, just to be able to crank again. I'm way past the age of asking a hottie to crank for me, but not too old to enjoy it myself.

I miss those mall parking lot days in the 70's and 80's, when I was virtually guaranteed of hearing good cranking on any given busy day. That's just how it was back then. About the only treat I've had in recent years was a pretty woman whose late-model Audi took a couple of short cranks to get going, and another woman in a late-model Mercedes SUV that failed to start on the first try, then required 4-5 seconds of cranking before it started on the second try. That would have been nothing forty years ago.

volodia

Post by volodia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:23 am

Please do not just say that.
Write your memories and share with us what you saw on the parking places.

I myself shared personal memories of this website.
If everyone did the same thing there would be more interesting things to read on this forum.
It's also a way to preserve our memories by sharing them

CrankyDude

Post by CrankyDude » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm

There are so many great cranking memories from back in the day, some of which I've shared elsewhere on this site. Here are two of my faves:

Back in the late 70's I deliberately parked next to a Dodge Aspen station wagon in a strip mall parking lot. The driver's seat was pushed forward, so I guessed it might be a woman. And in any case, that car was one of the hardest starting cars Chrysler ever made, and that's saying something.

I don't remember how long I waited, but eventually a pretty 40-ish woman in modest shorts, a full but nice figure, appeared with two pre-teen kids. She got into the car, made sure the kids were inside, then gave it a good, long crank. The engine spun faster and faster, and after 10-15 seconds it caught, but immediately sputtered and died. I heard the woman say, "Damn!" as if she knew this meant trouble. Sure enough, another long crank ended in failure, the woman looking annoyed but not surprised, as if this was typical for this car. She tried another long crank, with some rocking back and forth, encouragingly. Nothing. The kids looked bored, again as if this was typical. The woman struggled several more times, the engine occasionally showing signs of life, to which the woman would respond by leaning forward , bouncing slightly, scowling and mumbling something, and really twisting the key hard. She then gave the engine a rest for a minute or two, and the whole process started up again. After what must have been 8-10 minutes, she finally got it started, revved the engine for half a minute, then pulled out.

The other great cranking scene, which was similar to the above--a Dodge Van of the same era--but with older teenage girls and no parent, was also in a mall parking lot. It lasted much much longer. The first few really long cranks totally failed, despite some pumping and encouraging words from the girl at the wheel. About the fourth or fifth long crank, the engine spun faster and faster, the girl working harder and harder, bouncing and pumping, until it almost caught, but died with that long droning sound of the starter motor coming to rest. She repeated this again and again: long, long cranking, a hopeful sputter, almost starting, then dying out. She must have spent fifteen minutes trying to get the van started. At one point she refused to let go of the key despite the fact that the engine had almost started, the sound and the fury dropped back to dry cranking. She was sooooo determined to get it started. The other girls were looking nervous, watching the girl at the wheel or the instrument panel, hoping for signs of life. Eventually, after a really long crank, the girl steadfast in holding the key until the engine started in earnest, it roared into life with a huge cloud of smoke. The girl revved the engine, several of the other girls cheered, and eventually they were on the way.

Both of these instances illustrate what's totally lost these days: no one would ever work this hard anymore to get a car started. After a couple of tries, the girl would call a tow truck or a friend. But back then, people worked like mad to get cars started because, usually, they would eventually start. Now it's binary.

BigChie33

Post by BigChie33 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 am

Yes some times I wonder , I my self do not like revving or stuck videos ,nothing against those who do ,by all means , me I love cranking ,and pumping full body shots lots of thigh . I hate to think of cranking no longer around ,I grew up in the 60s and in my neighborhood , always a woman struggling to start her car ,my own mother was no exception she was always flooding her olds ,or the 55 Chevy . Well I'm thankful for pedal supreme ,ptp Nicoles crank and pump .I was a mechanic for many years and saw this coming . Fortunately my last wife was very indulgent and was always willing to get behind the wheel of a old crappy car and crank and pump the shit out of it for me .well what more can you say , long live cranking ,long sweet cranking !!!!