Welcome to cranking fans A hangout for pedal pumping lovers

Questions regarding stories

Description of your first forum.
redredd22

Questions regarding stories

Post by redredd22 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello everybody!

I have written a couple of pedal pumping stories, but only posted one or two. English is not my native language, and I guess most importantly, for various reasons I don't have a driver's licence, so it's hard to know if what I write is 'technically accurate' or not... That is why I would like to ask your help :) I have two questions, regarding a couple story ideas I have.

First, is it really true that if you put something in the exhaust pipe of the car to clog it (like in Beverly Hills Cop with banana), then it will not start, or shortly after starting, it will die? Is it true for both newer and older models of cars?
My other question is also related to 'tampering'... What are some credible ways an older car could be disabled by a 'helpful stranger'? For example, if one stops to help a lady with something, and if he can get to open the hood of the car, are there some fuses he could pull, some wires to pull or something similar, so the car would only crank?

I know these are silly, but I guess it would be more silly to actually write a story with some inaccuracies in it. So I am thankful for any and every insight and tip you might give!

Live long, and crank long everybody!

StrummFan217

Re: Questions regarding stories

Post by StrummFan217 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:20 am

I don’t have my license yet either, nor am I a mechanic. But I can definitely tell you that the “banana in the tailpipe” gag doesn’t really work. Trust me, you aren’t the first person to ask that question. There are videos on YouTube of people trying it. People have tried to answer your question about blocking the tailpipe for years, and usually whatever is shoved into the tailpipe gets shot out because of the pressure from the exhaust. You might be able to block it for a second or two, but I’ve never seen anyone pull off completely blocking the tailpipe. Then again, I’ve never tried it myself, and people can get pretty creative, so there might be a way to do it that I’m just not thinking of.

As far as disabling a car goes, I’m no mechanic, but I’ve read enough stories to know one trick. I think only older cards use them, but there’s something in the engine called a Coil Wire, and pulling it out makes the car almost impossible to start. And on the off chance that it does start, the car runs really rough and stalls shortly after. That’s the only trick I know. I haven’t tried it or anything, I’ve just seen a lot of cranking fans use that trick in their stories they write. :)

BigChie33

Re: Questions regarding stories

Post by BigChie33 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 am

StrummFan217 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:20 am
I don’t have my license yet either, nor am I a mechanic. But I can definitely tell you that the “banana in the tailpipe” gag doesn’t really work. Trust me, you aren’t the first person to ask that question. There are videos on YouTube of people trying it. People have tried to answer your question about blocking the tailpipe for years, and usually whatever is shoved into the tailpipe gets shot out because of the pressure from the exhaust. You might be able to block it for a second or two, but I’ve never seen anyone pull off completely blocking the tailpipe. Then again, I’ve never tried it myself, and people can get pretty creative, so there might be a way to do it that I’m just not thinking of.

As far as disabling a car goes, I’m no mechanic, but I’ve read enough stories to know one trick. I think only older cards use them, but there’s something in the engine called a Coil Wire, and pulling it out makes the car almost impossible to start. And on the off chance that it does start, the car runs really rough and stalls shortly after. That’s the only trick I know. I haven’t tried it or anything, I’ve just seen a lot of cranking fans use that trick in their stories they write. :)
Well any car can be made not to start ,but these newer cars it's tuff ,the easiest is just to pull the fuel pump fuse ,,you can unplug the injectors I have unplugged all but on one before ,that gives it that trying to start effect ,there are so many damn things on these new cars ,pain in the butt , there were so many ways you could disable the older cars pull the coil wire off it won't start unless it's close enough for the spark to jump ,pull the rotor bug ,retard the distributor ,switch the coil wire with a plug wire ,this gives a real nice effect ,a small ball bearing in the fuel line right at the fuel pump ,tie the choke down shut cuts off the air and will flood right out ,these new cars take all the fun out of it ,just my opinion of course ,well later and good luck